Effective Date: April 7th, 2023
For purposes of this California Privacy Notice, personal data does not include information relating to Mouser employees, contractors, job applicants, and other Mouser personnel. In addition, we often act as a “service provider” as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), processing personal data on behalf of our customers, and this section does not apply to the personal data processing we perform as a service provider.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
When we use the term “personal data” in this California Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual or household. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or reasonably linked to an individual.
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSURES
No Sales or Targeted Advertising
We do not sell personal data, and we do not process or otherwise share personal data for the purpose of displaying advertisements that are selected based on personal data obtained or inferred over time from an individual’s activities across businesses or distinctly-branded websites, applications, or other services (otherwise known as “targeted advertising”).
The following personal data elements we collect may be classified as “sensitive” under the CCPA (“sensitive information”):
- Although Mouser uses Credit/debit card number plus expiration date and security code (CVV), and financial account number and routing number for order processing all Credit Card information is tokenized and only ;
- Username and password; and
We do not sell sensitive information, and we do not process or otherwise share sensitive information for the purpose of targeted advertising. However, subject to certain legal limitations and exceptions, you may be able to limit our processing of sensitive information (as described in the Your Privacy Choices section below).
We may at times receive, or process personal data to create, deidentified data that can no longer reasonably be used to infer information about, or otherwise be linked to, a particular individual or household. Where we maintain deidentified data, we will maintain and use the data in deidentified form and not attempt to reidentify the data except as required or permitted by law.
California Categories of Personal Data
- Identifiers,such as name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, user login, IP address, email address, account name, or similar identifiers.
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as financial information for credit associated transactions. We also may collect a personal tax identification number, bank account information, and payment information where the individual is a representative of a sole proprietor or similar legal structure that uses personal tax and account information in lieu of separate business information
- Commercial Informationsuch as history of products purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet/Network Information,such as device information, log and analytics data, including site usage data.
- Geolocation Data,such as information about your physical location collected from geolocation features on your device, such as your IP address.
- Professional/Employment Information,such as your company or employer and job title.
- Sensory Information,such as photos, videos, product inquiries using voice requests, and recordings of any phone calls between you and Mouser.
- Other Personal Data,including information you submit into the feedback form and any communications between you and Mouser, as well as information we receive from social networking sites and your employer/company.
- Inferences,such as information generated from your use of our services reflecting predictions about your interests and preferences.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise some or all of the following rights (such to certain legal limitations and exceptions):
|The Right to Know
The right to confirm whether we are processing personal data about you and, under California law only, to obtain certain personalized details about the personal data we have collected about you, including:
- The categories of personal data collected;
- The categories of sources of the personal data;
- The purposes for which the personal data were collected;
- The categories of personal data disclosed to third parties (if any), and the categories of recipients to whom the personal data were disclosed;
- The categories of personal data shared for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes (if any), and the categories of recipients to whom the personal data were disclosed for those purposes; and
- The categories of personal data sold (if any), and the categories of third parties to whom the personal data were sold.
|The Right to Access & Portability
The right to obtain access to the personal data we have collected about you and, where required by law, the right to obtain a copy of the personal data in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance.
|The Right to Correction
The right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of the processing of the personal data.
|The Right to Control Over Sensitive Information
The right to exercise control over our collection and processing of certain sensitive information.
|The Right to Control Over Automated Decision-Making / Profiling
The right to direct us not to use automated decision-making or profiling for certain purposes, including any form of automated processing of personal data to evaluate, analyze, or predict personal aspects concerning an individual’s economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements in furtherance of decisions producing legal or similarly significant effects.
|The Right to Deletion
The right to have us delete the personal data we maintain about you.
Please note if you submit a deletion request, it may result in the deletion of your account with us (if you have one) and all transaction and purchase history.
You may also have the right to not receive retaliatory or discriminatory treatment in connection with a request to exercise the above rights. However, the exercise of the rights described above may result in a different price, rate or quality level of product or service where that difference is reasonably related to the impact the right has on our relationship or is otherwise permitted by law.
SUBMITTING PRIVACY RIGHTS REQUESTS
To submit a request to exercise one of the privacy rights identified above, please email DPO@mouser.com or call us at 800-346-6873.
Before processing your request, we will need to verify your identity and confirm you are a resident of California. In order to verify your identity, we will generally either require the successful authentication of your account, or the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. As a result, we require requests to include your first name, last name, email address, shipping address or customer ID, if applicable. We may at times need to request additional personal data from you, taking into consideration our relationship with you and the sensitivity of your request.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a privacy rights request, particularly where you are not a resident of California or where we are unable to verify your identity.
Authorized Agents In certain circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. To be able to act, authorized agents must submit proof that they are authorized to act on your behalf. Mouser denies requests from claimed authorized agents who do not submit adequate proof that they are authorized to act on your behalf. In order to verify the authorized agent’s authority, we generally require evidence of either (i) a valid power of attorney or (ii) a signed letter containing your name and contact information, the name and contact information of the authorized agent, and a statement of authorization for the request. Depending on the evidence provided, we may still need to separately reach out to you to confirm the authorized agent has permission to act on your behalf and to verify your identity in connection with the request.
Minors Under 16. We do not sell the personal data of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age. Please contact us at DPO@mouser.com to inform us if you, or your minor child, are under the age of 16.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, if necessary, we may retain personal data for longer periods of time, until set retention periods and deadlines expire, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements set by a legislature, regulator or other government authority.
To determine the appropriate duration of the retention of personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal data and if we can attain our objectives by other means, as well as our legal, regulatory, tax, accounting and other applicable obligations.
Once retention of the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes outlined above, we will either delete or deidentify the personal data or, if this is not possible (for example, because personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store the personal data and isolate it from further processing until deletion or deidentification is possible.
NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVES
We provide programs and other offerings intended to provide benefits to eligible participants that may qualify as financial incentives under certain privacy laws. For example, the financial incentives we may make available to interested individuals include promotional materials or opportunities to obtain sweepstakes and contest prizes.
To obtain access to certain of these programs and other offerings, we may ask to collect or share an interested individual’s personal data, including name, contact information, and purchase history. We have determined that the value of these programs and other offerings are reasonably related to the value of the personal data we receive and otherwise process in connection with these programs and offerings, based on our reasonable but sole determination. We estimate the value of the personal data we receive and otherwise process in connection with these programs and offerings by considering the expense we incur in collecting and processing the personal data, as well as the expenses related to facilitating the program or offering.
The terms applicable to each program and other offering are provided at the time an eligible individual is offered an opportunity to participate. Interested individuals can opt-in to these financial incentives by following the instructions presented at the time the offer is made. Participating individuals may withdraw from our programs and other offerings at any time by following the instructions provided in connection with each offering.