VCC LSS Series Moisture-Sealed Litepipes®
VCC LSS Series Moisture-Sealed Litepipes® provide a display panel moisture seal and 180º viewing angle with VCC's SMS 172 Series panel lens. This lens and Litepipe unit was developed to provide moisture sealing and dust control for display panels when the LED is attached to a circuit board. The LSS Series is designed for use with surface mount LEDs as well as standard thru-hole LEDs, horizontally or vertically circuit board mounted. The Litepipe is tubular in shape and attached to a lens, which is fitted with a gasket that provides sealing for both moisture and dust.
Panel assembly is easily accomplished by slipping the unit through a .171" panel opening, sliding the retaining ring over the Litepipe® barrel, and pressing the ring on while holding the lens surface tightly against the panel. The gasket is compressed as the ring is forced into place against the rear of the panel. This leaves the circuit board free from attachment to the display panel allowing for easy board insertion or removal.
The Litepipes are molded from an optical grade acrylic plastic for clarity and optimum light transmission. The Litepipe tooling is highly polished, providing a smooth, scratch-free surface, which produces an optimum surface for maximum light refraction and ultimate transmission. The lenses are molded from polycarbonate that is rated UL 94-V2.
SMS 172 Series Panel Lenses
- LSS Lightpipes available w/ transparent
clear, green, or red lenses
- SMS 172 Lenses available separately in transparent amber, blue, clear, green, red,
- Low profile for 3mm LEDs
- For use with surface mount or thru-hole LEDs, horizontally or vertically board mounted
- Litepipes molded from optical grade acrylic plastic for clarity and optimum light transmission
- Moisture Seal: EPDM
- Available lengths: 6.1, 11.18, 16.26, 21.34, 26.4, or 31.5mm
- Lens material: UL 94-V2 rated polycarbonate
- RoHS compliant