Trompeter / Cinch Connectivity
Trompeter / Cinch Connectivity Twinax/Triax Connectors are manufactured to meet or exceed Mil-Specs governing twinax connectors, specifically MIL-STD-1553B for airborne and ground checkout and MIL-STD-1760 "External Stores." Twinax/Triax Connectors from Trompeter are designed for military applications to protect data signals from extraneous noise through non-signal carrying shielding. These impedance-matched connectors improve the throughput and interference rejection of digital data transmission systems.
The TRB/TRT Series is available as miniature 2,3,4-lug and push-on Twinax/Triax Connectors. These connectors are all metallic parts with fully enclosed outer conductors and center contacts plated with 50 micro inch gold.
The TRS/TTM Series is a sub-miniature concentric Twinax/Triax Connector for high density and weight reduction applications. These connectors are designed for blind mate rack and panel applications.
- All metallic parts are machined/formed to extremely close tolerances
- All bodies are made of top quality brass with bright nickelplated, non-tarnish finish
- Fully enclosed, heat-treated, beryllium-copper outer conductor spring (not half hard slotted brass), a patented feature
- Heat-treated, beryllium-copper center socket contact with 50 millionths inch gold plating
- Solderable Wrench Crimp versions for cables with up to .215" outer diameter
- Tool Crimp versions for quick termination of cables with up to .250" outer diameter
- 3-lug, 4-lug, and threaded versions provide different levels of mechanical stability and keying
- Does not require mechanical alignment for mating
- Meets MIL-C-49142, 48-hour salt spray requirement
- Special plating available to satisfy MIL-STD-1344 500-hour salt spray requirement
- Push-on versions for test cable applications
- Fewer pieces to assemble