Tektronix PA1000 Power Analyzer
Tektronix PA1000 is a prime choice for making precision power measurements on single-phase power supplies and all types of products connected to the AC line. Whether you need to test for compliance with energy-usage regulations such as Energy Star™, or simply need to characterize your product's overall power-conversion performance and efficiency, you will find the PA1000 offers the most modern and complete test solution with performance and features unmatched by other singlephase analyzers. The color graphics display on the PA1000 provides intuitive readout of not only measurement values, but also harmonic bar charts, waveform display, energy integration plots and more. Setup of the
PA1000 for your particular application is also easy and flexible, using the menu-driven interface and soft keys.
- Bright graphics display: The color graphics display on the PA1000 is unmatched among singlephase power analyzers. It provides intuitive readout of not only measurement values, but also harmonic bar charts, waveform display,
energy integration plots and more. Setup of the PA1000 for your
particular application is also easy and flexible, using the menu-driven
interface and soft keys.
- Dual internal current shunts maximize accuracy for high- and low current measurements
- Easy data export to USB flash drive or remote PC software, for reporting and analysis
- PWRVIEW PC software provides fully automated compliance testing to IEC 62301 requirements
- Many standard features such as GPIB, USB, Ethernet and harmonic analysis eliminate costly upgrade options
- Standard harmonics analysis: The PA1000 features harmonics analysis to the 50th harmonic as a standard feature. Harmonics, THD and related measurements can all be analyzed simultaneously with other power parameters.
- Standard communication ports: The PA1000 comes standard with USB, Ethernet and GPIB communication ports, plus a front-mounted USB port for data logging to a flash drive.
Application-specific test modes
- Some applications require special instrument settings to ensure proper measurements. The PA1000 simplifies setup for these applications by automatically choosing instrument settings and parameters that are optimized for each type of measurement application, resulting in more
reliable measurement results with less opportunity for user setup error.
- Ballast mode - Synchronizes measurements for highly modulated electronic ballast waveforms. In modern electronic lighting ballasts, it is often difficult to make accurate measurements because the output signals are high frequency waveforms that are heavily modulated by the power frequency. Ballast mode provides a way of locking the measurement period to the power frequency.
- Standby power mode - Driven by consumer demand and energy efficiency regulations (such as ENERGY STAR), there is an everincreasing need to measure power consumption of products while they are in standby mode. One of the most widely used standards for measurement is IEC 62301. Part of this standard requires the measurement of power over a prolonged period of time without missing any short duration power events. The PA1000 standby power mode provides continuous sampling of voltage and current to produce an accurate Watts measurement over the user specified period.
- Inrush mode - For measuring the peak current during any event. Typically this is used to measure the peak current when a product is first switched on.
- Integrator mode - Used to provide measurements for determining energy consumption (Watt-hours, Ampere-hours, etc.).
- Standby power and Energy Star™ compliance testing
- Lighting ballasts
- Consumer electronics and appliances
- Power supply testing
- Energy efficiency of any single-phase product
Key Performance Specifications
- High measurement accuracy of 0.05% (basic voltage/current accuracy)
- 1 MHz bandwidth / 1 MS/s sample rate for demanding test requirements
- Up to 600 Vrms voltage input
- Up to 20 Arms current input