TE Connectivity CeeLok Fas-T
10Gb Ethernet Connectors
T Connectivity CeeLok FAS-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet Connectors offer IP67 rated field terminatable I/O connections designed to withstand the
harsh environments in which military, commercial aerospace and
marine/offshore applications operate. Designed as a true 100 Ohm
impedance connector, FAS-T is compatible with Cat5e, Cat 6a, and various
other protocols ranging from the traditional 90 Ohm USB 2.0 to the more
widely used 110 Ohm IEEE 1394 "FireWire". FAS-T's small form factor
(Shell Size 8) uses a panel cutout of .698" (diameter) and maintains
excellent signal integrity due to the patented T-shaped pin pattern that
provides noise cancellation and decoupling to minimize cross talk. The
scoop-proof design features crimp-snap, 39029-style contacts for easy
termination and field repairability. The connector's integral backshell
with 360-degree shielding reduces weight and cost, while significantly
improving overall system performance.
- Accommodates size 8 shell for weight and space savings
- 10 Gbit-Ethernet - Cat 6A or Cat 7 wire
- 1 Gbit-Ethernet - Cat 5e
- Crimp-snap, 39029-style contacts for easy termination and field repairability
- Backshell integrated in plug body provides low profile, low cost, low weight strain relief & EMI protection
- Compatible with multiple braid terminations, adapter styles and seal boots
- Insert assembly mechanically retained for ≥25 lb. retention force
- Scoop-proof design
T-shaped pin pattern improves SI through uniform crosstalk cancelation
- 10 GBASE-T Ethernet data transmission in harsh aerospace and defense environments
- Cat 6A or Cat 7 compatible for 10 Gbit-Ethernet
- Cat 5e compatible for 1 Gbit-Ethernet
- Military applications including soldier worn devices, missiles, rotary wing, C4I, ground vehicles, fixed wing aircraft and shipboard
- Commercial Aerospace applications including IFE and avionics
- Vibration, Sine: MIL-STD-202, Condition G (30G)
- Vibration, Random: EIA-364-28 Condition V Letter J (37.8G)
- Durability: 500 mating cycles
- Contact Retention: 10 lb. min.
- Coupling Torque: 8 in-lb. max.
- Operating Temperature: -65°C to +175°C
- Altitude Immersion: 50,000 ft. (mated condition)
- Unmated Condition: IP 67
- 10 Gbit-Ethernet Cat 6a or Cat 7 wire
- 1 Gbit-Ethernet Cat 5e
- Insulation resistance: 500 mega-ohms ambient, 1000 Mega-ohms at 175°C
Dielectric withstanding voltage: 500 VAC sea level, 100 VAC @ 50,000 ft.
- Shielding effectiveness per MIL-DTL-38999
- Shell to shell conductivity: 2mV max.
- Shell: Aluminum alloy for lightweight, rugged performance
- Insert: High temperature thermoplastic for excellent temperature endurance. Low dielectric constant for superior signal integrity.
- Contacts: Copper alloy
- Shells available in Electroless Nickel or Black Zinc Nickel for
DOD-Approved, RoHS compliant, corrosion resistance (500 hr Salt Mist)