TE Connectivity LVDC Grid Interconnects are low voltage direct current (DC) connectors and cable assemblies developed to transfer power to and from lighting fixtures, power supplies, controls and other electrical devices intended for use in an EMerge Alliance® compliant system. The design allows for fixture and other electrical device additions, modifications, and location changes on both sides of a bus bar structure (Example: above and below a suspended ceiling, without the need for hard wire changes).
TE Connectivity LVDC Grid Interconnects were designed specifically to meet the requirements of the EMerge Alliance® Standard, a new power distribution platform for the use of safe, low voltage DC Power in commercial interiors.
| System Advantages|
Applications (Designed for use with the Emerge Alliance® compliant systems)
- A safe, low-voltage DC distribution system
- Provides a plug and play standard for integrated management and control of more energy efficient and individually controllable devices such as LED lighting and other digital devices
- Eliminates device level AC to DC electrical power conversions
- Provides flexibility to readily arrange and rearrange lighting, actuators and other devices without the need for rewiring
- Easier integration of on-site alternative energy sources such as solar, wind, fuel cell and batteries, with traditional AC power sources
- Power Feed Cable Assembly : Connects between a power server and a low voltage bus bar
- Load (Device) Cable Assembly : Connects lighting fixtures and other electrical devices to low voltage bus bar
- Bus Bar to Bus Bar Cable Assembly : Connects sections of low voltage bus bar together
- External Bus Bar (Fixture or Device) Connector : Mounts directly to a drop-in fixture enabling connection to a bus bar component, especially when the bus bar is incorporated in a suspended ceiling grid
- Internal Bus Bar (Fixture or Device) Connector : Provides mounting and electrical interconnect for lighting fixtures and other devices mounted to a suspended ceiling grid, i.e. and Armstrong DC FlexZone™ Suspended System