STMicroelectronics STM65xx Smart Reset™ ICs
STMicroelectronics STM65xx Smart Reset ICs offer a safe, convenient and intuitive means of resetting 'frozen' gadgets, such as mobile phones, media players, and other portable consumer devices. Traditionally, when electronic devices freeze or lock up, users would either try to remove the battery, which is not always convenient, or find an appropriate tool to press the dedicated reset button placed in a hole that is often difficult to access. STM65xx Smart Reset ICs extend the functional capability of the existing buttons so that users can simply re-set their frozen device with a long push of one or two buttons simultaneously, depending on the device configuration. With the increasing popularity of touch-screen devices, STMicroelectronics STM65xx Smart Reset ICs remove the need for extra buttons, saving space and cost for the equipment manufacturers, and significantly increasing convenience for the user.
- Single or Dual Smart Reset™ push-button input(s) with fixed extended reset setup delay (tSRC) from 0.5 s to 10 sin 0.5 s steps (typ.), option with internal pull-up resistor
- Push-button controlled reset pulse duration
- No power-on reset
- Single reset output
Active-low or active-high
Push-pull or open-drain with optional pullup resistor
- Fixed Smart Reset™ input logic voltage levels
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Mobile phones, smartphones, PDAs
- MP3 players
- Portable navigation devices
- Any application that requires delayed reset push-button(s) response for improved system stability.