ON Semiconductor CMOS Serial EEPROM
ON Semiconductor offers CMOS Serial EEPROM with various memory configurations. The CAT24C512 is a 512 kb Serial CMOS EEPROM, internally organized as 65,536 words of 8 bits each. The CAT24M01 is a 1024 kb CMOS Serial EEPROM, internally organized as 131,072 words of 8 bits each. They feature a 128-byte (CAT24C512) page or 256-byte (CAT24M01) write buffer and support the Standard (100 kHz), Fast (400 kHz) and Fast-Plus (1 MHz) I2C protocol. Write operations can be inhibited by taking the WP pin High (this protects the entire memory). External address pins make it possible to address up to eight (CAT24C512) or four (CAT24M01) devices on the same bus.
The CAV24x is a CMOS Serial EEPROM device from ON Semiconductor organized internally as 16, 32, 64, or 125 pages of 16 bytes each. This device supports both the Standard (100 kHz) as well as Fast (400 kHz) I2C protocol. Data is written by providing a starting address, then loading 1 to 16 contiguous bytes into a page write buffer, and then writing all data to non-volatile memory in one internal write cycle. Data is read by providing a starting address and then shifting out data serially while automatically incrementing the internal address count. External address pins make it possible to address up to eight CAV24x devices on the same bus. ON Semiconductor CMOS Serial EEPROMs are automotive grade.
- Supports Standard, Fast and Fast−Plus I2C Protocol
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V (CAT24x) or 2.5 V to 5.5 V (CAV24x) Supply Voltage Range
- 128−Byte (CAT24x) or 16−Byte (CAV24x) Page Write Buffer
- Hardware Write Protection for Entire Memory
- Schmitt Triggers and Noise Suppression Filters on I2C Bus Inputs (SCL and SDA)
- Low Power CMOS Technology
- 1,000,000 Program/Erase Cycles
- 100 Year Data Retention
- Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and RoHS Compliant