Olimex MOD-EKG is a digital heart-rate monitor which displays the heartbeat rate per minute on the LCD. In addition, the application outputs a digital data stream via an RS232 serial port to allow EKG waveform display on a PC. An electrocardiogram (ECG), also called an EKG, is a graphic tracing of the voltage generated by the heart muscle during a heartbeat. In this application, the EKG waveform is used by the MCU to measure the heartbeat rate. Because heartbeat calculation is the major focus, the electrodes are simplified to two connections, one to a right hand and the other to the left hand.
- EKG amplifiers realized with INA321EA
- Lithium coin battery holder
- Extension headers for all microcontroller ports - no connectors mounted on the board
- Right and left hands contact electrodes - HR1 and HR2
- Switch between battery and UEXT power supply
- Based on Texas Instruments application note SLAA280a
- Dimensions: 76.20 x 71.12mm