Murata Microblowers are suitable for thermal management of small products where conventional cooling units, such as heat sinks, heat pipes, or motor fans, cannot fit due to size. Additional uses of the Microblowers are as a source for high pressure air generation for liquid displacement or dispensing applications.
Microblowers from Murata are extremely compact and low profile, utilizing a piezoelectric based drive system that features small dimensions. The 20mm x 20mm Microblower discharges air at a rate of 1,500 Pa (maximum static pressure at 15V p-p) and 0.7 liter per minute (typical at 15 V
p-p). The piezoelectric based drive system, which allows the blower to function as a high pressure air pump, offers lower power consumption than more common air cooling devices. A 20mm high-pressure air blower Evaluation Kit is also available - MZB1001E00.
- Piezoelectric ceramic based drive system
- Size, excluding nozzle: 20mm x 20mm x 1.85mm
- Air flow: 1L/min (@15Vpp)
- Static pressure: 1900Pa (@15Vpp)
- Cooling units in digital video and digital still
cameras, Ultra Miniature Personal computers (UMPC), Miniature Internet
Device (MID), and other compact mobile devices
- Air blower for fuel cells and other similar equipment
- Particulate diffusers using high speed airflow
- Quite air pump for entertainment and interior decoration purpose