Molex Mini50™ Unsealed Automotive Connectors
Molex's unsealed miniature Mini50™ is a single-row, wire-to-board connection system with smaller terminals to fit more low current electrical circuits in interior, unsealed, transportation-vehicle environments. The CTX50 mating terminal wire grip design offers the ability to reduce wire gauge sizes while maintaining retention strength. The design achieves a 50% space savings compared to traditional USCAR standard 0.64mm unsealed connector systems. Orientation features are molded into the header, vertical, or right angle options provide wire-routing and module design flexibility.
NEW! Molex has expanded their Mini50 Unsealed Auto Connector series to feature an independent secondary lock (ISL) and connector position assurance (CPA).
- Reduced package size is approximately 50% smaller than USCAR 0.64mm (.025") unsealed connection systems
- Orientation features are molded into the header and either vertical or right-angle orientations are possible, providing wire-routing and module design flexibility and retain the header to the PCB during the soldering process
- Board alignment and retention features simplify header PCB placement and retain header to PCB during soldering operation(s) and protect soldering joints during connector mating and unmating
- Female terminal wire grips for wire-size reduction and weight, space, and cost savings
- Three polarization options provide three discrete mechanical, visual and colored polarizations
- Independent secondary lock (ISL) terminal-retention feature is molded into the receptacle housing as one piece for applied cost savings
- CTX50 terminal wire grip design offers harness manufacturers' the ability to reduce wire gauge sizes while maintaining retention strength
- Automotive & Commercial Transportation
- Clusters / Navigation
- Cameras / Sensors
- Steering Wheel Column
- Durability: 20mΩ max.
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +105°C
- Header Housings: High Temperature Thermoplastic
- Withstands infrared (IR) and wave lead-free solder processing per ES-40000-5013 Molex specification, maximum temperature +260°C
- Receptacle Housings: High Temperature Thermoplastic
- Contact: Copper (Cu) Alloy
- Contact Area — Tin (Sn)
- Underplating — Nickel (Ni)
- Wire Gauge: 0.35 to 0.08mm² (22 to 28 AWG)
- Insulation Diameter: 1.40mm to 0.76mm (.055 to .030")
- Voltage (max): 500V
- Current (max): 3.0A
- Contact Resistance: 20mΩ max.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: 1500V AC min.
- Isolation Resistance: 100MΩ min.