Molex zQSFP™ I/O Connectors
Molex zQuad Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus (zQSFP+™) interconnect solution is designed for high-density interconnect applications and conforms to SFF-8665 QSFP28. Components of the system include SMT connectors; and stacked integrated 2-by-1, 2-by-2 and 2-by-3 connectors and cages.
Molex's zQSFP+™ SMT connector supports new 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand* (IB) Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications. EDR applications consist of four lanes of high-speed differential signals with individual data rates at 25 Gbps. The preferential coupling design uses a narrow-edge coupled, blanked- and formed-contact geometry and insert molding to optimize electrical performance. The zQSFP+™ connector shares the same mating interface as the QSFP+ form factor, making it backward compatible with current connectors, cages and cable assemblies.
zQSFP+™ EMI cages are designed with an advanced heat-sink system to provide a high level of heat dissipation for next-generation system-power levels. Die-cast design features screw-down option to the PCB for maximum board retention. The spring-finger design provides optimal EMI grounding and allow for more space to route high-speed traces.
Features and Benefits
- Preferential coupling design uses a narrow-edge coupled, blanked- and formed-contact geometry and insert molding - Provides superior signal integrity (SI) performance, including extremely low insertion loss (IL) of <0.8dB at a very high frequency, 14 GHz
- Proven 25 Gbps data rate with potential up to 40 Gbps - Meets or exceeds current requirements for 100 Gigabit Ethernet and InfiniBand* EDR 4X applications. Supports current 10 Gbps Ethernet and 16 Gbps Fibre Channel applications. Scalable for next-generation applications
- Stacked Stacked integrated connectors include an elastomeric gasket - Provides superior EMI containment
- Stacked integrated connectors include a metal finger gasket - For EMI suppression
- Identical mating interface as the QSFP+ connector - Backward compatible with QSFP+ form factor to extend the life of existing platforms and reduce development costs
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT) design - Allows for ease of routing and provides the option for placement on both sides of the PCB
- 0.80mm pitch host connector designed for placement beneath EMI cage - Ideal for pluggable applications
- Stacked integrated connectors and cages are available in three sizes (2-by-1, 2-by-2 and 2-by-3) - Offers design options for high-density applications
- Drop-in replacement product from TE Connectivity - Second-source option available
- Data/Communications - Servers, Storage
- Networking - Network Interface, Storage, Test and measurement equipment
- Telecommunications - Cellular infrastructure, Hubs, Servers, Switches