Molex zQSFP+™ I/O Connectors
Molex zQuad Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus (zQSFP+™) interconnect solution is designed for high-density interconnect applications and conforms to SFF-8665 QSFP28. Components of the system include SMT connectors; and stacked integrated 2-by-1, 2-by-2 and 2-by-3 connectors, cages and loopback adapters. Supporting next-generation 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100 Gbps InfiniBand* Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications, Molex’s zQSFP+ Interconnect Solution transmits up to 25 Gbps per-serial-lane data rates with excellent signal integrity (SI), electro magnetic interference (EMI) protection and thermal cooling.
|Molex zQSFP+™ Meeting The Necessary Designs
Features and Benefits
- Preferential coupling design uses a narrow-edge coupled, blanked- and formed-contact geometry and insert molding - Provides superior signal integrity (SI) performance, including extremely low insertion loss (IL) of <0.8dB at a very high frequency, 14 GHz
- Proven 25 Gbps data rate with potential up to 40 Gbps - Meets or exceeds current requirements for 100 Gigabit Ethernet and InfiniBand* EDR 4X applications. Supports current 10 Gbps Ethernet and 16 Gbps Fibre Channel applications. Scalable for next-generation applications
- Stacked Stacked integrated connectors include an elastomeric gasket - Provides superior EMI containment
- Stacked integrated connectors include a metal finger gasket - For EMI suppression
- Identical mating interface as the QSFP+ connector - Backward compatible with QSFP+ form factor to extend the life of existing platforms and reduce development costs
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT) design - Allows for ease of routing and provides the option for placement on both sides of the PCB
- 0.80mm pitch host connector designed for placement beneath EMI cage - Ideal for pluggable applications
- Stacked integrated connectors and cages are available in three sizes (2-by-1, 2-by-2 and 2-by-3) - Offers design options for high-density applications
- Drop-in replacement product from TE Connectivity - Second-source option available
- Data/Communications - Servers, Storage
- Networking - Network Interface, Storage, Test and measurement equipment
- Telecommunications - Cellular infrastructure, Hubs, Servers, Switches
Molex's zQSFP+™ SMT connector supports new 100 Gbps Ethernet and 100
Gbps InfiniBand* (IB) Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) applications. EDR
applications consist of four lanes of high-speed differential signals
with individual data rates at 25 Gbps. The preferential coupling design
uses a narrow-edge coupled, blanked- and formed-contact geometry and
insert molding to optimize electrical performance. The zQSFP+™ connector
shares the same mating interface as the QSFP+ form factor, making it
backward compatible with current connectors, cages and cable assemblies.
zQSFP+™ EMI cages are designed with an advanced heat-sink system to
provide a high level of heat dissipation for next-generation
system-power levels. Die-cast design features screw-down option to the
PCB for maximum board retention. The spring-finger design provides
optimal EMI grounding and allow for more space to route high-speed
Molex cable assemblies provide system designers an extensive selection of interconnect solutions across a wide range of industries and applications. From high-performance IO cable assemblies used in the datacenter market to Molex’s extensive selection of power and signal products for structured harness solutions in the industrial market segment. System level integration is supported through the use of Molex’s flexible design, test and manufacturing capabilities. The zQSFP+™ Cable Assemblies offer 32AWG, 38 circuits, come in lengths of 0.50 to 3m, are zinc die cast and lock to their mating parts.
Molex zQSFP+TM Loopback Adapters have a compact housing that is compatible with module spacing and enclosed fibers that provide no snagging or breakage of fiber/cable during installation and handling.
They also feature loop optical transmit ports to receive ports which allows loopback testing of modules and cables during burn in and field troubleshooting.
|zQSFP+ Interconnect Solutions