Molex 48338 PCI Express
Mini Card Connectors
are top-mount, right angle
with eleven mounting height choices from 4.00mm to 9.99mm for design flexibility and cost savings. Modeled after and replacing the
Mini PCI Type III
Molex 48338 connectors
provide stable normal force, low contact resistance, and reliable, high-speed signal transmission. The
Molex 48338 PCI Express Mini Card Connectors
are ideal for high signal integrity wired or wireless applications such as notebook PCs, netbooks, and data communication devices. Features and Benefits
- Connectors meet the PCI Express® Mini Card Electromechanical Specification Revision 1.2 and and satisfy performance characteristics required to address system manufacturers' needs
- Extensive range of 4.00 (.157") to 9.90mm (.390") height connectors configurable to the customers' needs provide complete design flexibility and support for low- to high-profile applications
- Small connector footprint provides significant PCB real estate savings
- Tight-fitting reinforced housing ribs between the SMT terminals prevent bent pins while ensuring linearity and accurate positioning of the blade-type SMT terminals
- Staggered SMT terminal design on each side of connector body enhances signal integrity (SI) performance and minimizes cross-talk
- High temperature thermoplastic used offers halogen-free benefits; ability to withstand IR reflow process
- SMT soldertab on each side of connector provides robust connector hold-down to PCB
- Beveled, dual-sized locating pegs customizable to ‘crush-rib’ types ensure correct connector-to-PCB polarization; optional ‘crush-rib’ pegs provide greater PCB retention during soldering process
- Polarization key prevents mis-mating upon insertion of PCB module into the connector
- Wide 35-degree PCB module entry angle allows greater ease-of-use with less restriction on the insertion angle of the PCB module
This low-profile 4.00mm height connector offers excellent
vertical space-savings for low-profile wired or
wireless communication applications.
The high-profile height of the 9.90mm height connector provides vertical clearance beneath the PCB module for placement of electronic components onto the PCB in tight electronic packaging situations.
Side view of low-profile, 4.00mm (.157") height, right angle, top-mount PCI Express Mini Card Connector showing small connector foot-print with low-profile height.
Side view of 9.90mm (.390") height, Right Angle, Top-Mount PCI Express Mini Card Connector showing small connector foot-print and taller housing height.