Microchip MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger System
The Microchip MPLAB® ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger System debugs and programs PIC® Flash Microcontrollers (MCUs) and dsPIC® DSCs with the powerful, easy-to-use MPLAB IDE graphical user interface.The Microchip debugger's probe is connected to a designer's PC via a high-speed USB 2.0 interface and is connected to the target with a connector compatible with the MPLAB ICD 2 or MPLAB REAL ICE™ systems. The MPLAB ICD 3 provides 15X faster typical programming times compared with previous systems to help designers keep the pace with escalating MCU speeds. Features:
- Supports most Flash PIC MCUs and dsPIC DSCs
- Real-time Debugging - MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is designed to support high-speed processors running at maximum speeds, allowing embedded engineers to debug applications on their own hardware in real time.
- Ruggedized Probe Interface - Protection circuitries are added to the probe drivers to guard the probe kit from power surges from the target. Vdd and Vpp voltage monitors protect against over-voltage conditions, and all lines have over-current protection. The unit can provide power to a target (up to 100 ma).
- Microchip Standard Connectivity - MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger employs a standard Microchip debugging connector (RJ-11).
- Portable, USB-powered and RoHS-Compliant - Housed in a small (3.7" x.8") and attractive enclosure, the MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is powered by the USB port, so an external power adapter is not required. MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is CE and RoHS-compliant.
- High Speed Programming - Fast programming allows both quick firmware reload for fast debugging and for in-circuit re-programming. Programming times are improved up to 15x over MPLAB ICD 2.
- Low Voltage Emulation - MPLAB ICD 3 supports target supply voltages from 2.0 to 5.5 volts.
- Test Interface Module - Included with every MPLAB ICD 3 is a test module to test I/O lines to confirm the unit is working properly.
- Ease of Maintenance and Feature Upgrade - Adding new device support and advanced features to MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is as simple as installing later versions of the MPLAB IDE, downloadable free. MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is field upgradeable through a firmware download from MPLAB IDE.
- Low Cost - MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger breaks the price barrier for a complete and advanced in-circuit debugger, offering new ways to interact with and debug applications at a fraction of the cost of traditional emulator systems.
- Powerful Debugging - High powered debugging with MPLAB IDE, supporting multiple breakpoints, stopwatch, source code file debugging in MPLAB’s editor for quick program modification/debug.