Maxwell HC Series Ultracapacitors
NEW! 1F and 3.3F versions
The Maxwell HC Series Ultracapacitors / Supercapacitors
feature ultra-low internal resistance (down to 5mΩ) and two-pin radial
lead. With a 500,000 cycle, 10-year life capability, the RoHS compliant HC Series is resistant against reverse polarity. The Maxwell HC Series Ultracapacitors / Supercapacitors
are useful for consumer electronics, industrial and automation,
portable power tools, renewable energy systems, and short term UPS and
Provides relief for batteries in Peak Power situations.
View Products List
Shipping information on the Ultracapacitor available at http://www.mouser.com/Hazmat/
Top 10 Reasons For Using Maxwell Technologies Ultracapacitors in Your System Design:
1. Very High Efficiency. Ultracapacitors are highly efficient and lose little charge when charging and discharging. They are produce less heat to potentially save cooling costs for energy storage.
2. High Current Capability. Ultracapacitors quickly deliver and absorb very high current due to the low ESR making them ideal for regenerative braking applications and other quick-charge scenarios. Ultracapacitors can be charged and discharged at the same rates, something no battery can tolerate.
3. Wide Voltage Range. Designers need only consider the voltage range of the system and choose the Ultracapacitor that can operate at any voltage below its maximum continuous operating voltage. To achieve higher voltages, multiple cells can be placed in a series and operated at their cumulative maximum voltage.
4. Wide Temperature Range. Since Ultracapacitors operate without relying on chemical reactions, they can operate between -40ºC and 65C (storage up to 85ºC.)
5. Condition Monitoring (SOC & SOH). Determining a battery's state of charge (SOC) and state of health (SOH) requires sophisticated data, algorithms, and long-term data integration. Ultracapacitors' SOC is determined by a simple open-circuit voltage measurement and the SOH can be determined by occasional calculations of capacitance and ESR.
6. Long Cycle Life. The energy storage in Ultracapacitors is a highly reversible process. It does not make or break chemical bonds and merely moves charge and ions only. It is capable of hundreds of thousands of complete cycles with minimal change in performance. It can be micro-cycled or full-cycled with the same long life.
7. Long Operational Life. The Ultracapacitors' energy storage mechanism is a highly stable process. Long-term storage is not an issue, since it can (and should) be stored completely discharged. The long cycle life and long operational life make the Ultracapacitor a lifetime component for most applications.
8. Life Extension for Other Energy Sources. The Ultracapacitor can off-load many transients from the main energy source to give the associated battery longer life.
9. Ease of Maintenance. Basically, Ultracapacitors require no maintenance. They have no memory effects, cannot be over-discharged, and can be held at any voltage at or below their rating. If kept within their wide operating ranges of voltage and temperature, there is no recommended maintenance.
10. Straightforward Integration. The inherent nature of Ultracapacitors make system integration much easier than with batteries. System integration is focused on keeping the Ultracapacitor within its wide operating limits of voltage and temperature and can be placed in parallel or in a series (often a voltage management circuit is used with a series).