Lantronix xPico® Wi-Fi® Tower System Module
Lantronix xPico® Wi-Fi® Freescale Tower System Module is a flexible, mobile-ready Wi-Fi solution for M2M and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. This Lantronix device combines the industry-proven xPico Wi-Fi embedded device server with an industry-leading Freescale Kinetis Cortex-M4 microcontroller onto a ready-to-go tower module. The Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi Tower module allows prototyping designs to be done quickly and easily. This powerful, versatile, and modular development platform seamlessly integrates the xPico and Freescale MCUs by plugging into the Tower form factor. The provided MQX examples allow designers to add Wi-Fi capability to a Kinetis Cortex-M4 MCU all while offloading the TCP/IP stack and networking applications like a webserver to the xPico Wi-Fi. The Freescale MCU can maintain mission-critical functions without having to service network interrupts.
Eval Board Description
- Two serial ports connected to the Tower System
- One mini-type B USB device port connector for 5V input power. This port also has an integrated USB-to-serial converter. The USB-to-serial converter can be connected to the xPico Wi-Fi second serial port via a board jumper setting.
- A second mini-type B USB device port is available for direct connection to the xPico Wi-Fi device port, selectable via jumper settings. The jumper settings also allow the xPico Wi-Fi USB device port to connect to the tower board MCU USB port.
- LEDs for the xPico Ethernet, WLAN, and System status outputs
- Access to all logic level IO signals on the xPico device via header pins for measurements and connection to GPIO lines on the Tower System
xPico Tower Module Highlights
- Compatible with the Freescale Tower System
- Simple and easy to use
- Shorten product development time
- xPico Wi-Fi Module
- xPico Wi-Fi Tower Module for Freescale
- 2 dBi Swivel Type Antenna and U.FL to RP SMA Cable
- Strip Antenna