View Products List
View Other Flexible Termination MLCCs
The KEMET High Voltage Flexible Termination (HV FT-CAP) MLCCs are SMT commercial grade X7R capacitors that combine high voltage and flexible termination technologies in order to address the primary failure mode of MLCCs - flex cracks. Flexible termination
technology directs board flex stress away from the ceramic body and
into the termination area, therefore mitigating flex cracks which can
result in low IR or short circuit failures. The KEMET High Voltage Flexible Termination (HV FT-CAP) MLCCs feature a 125ºC maximum operating temperature to be considered "temperature stable", a broad range of capacitance requirements,
low leakage current, low ESR at high frequencies, up to 5mm of flex-bend capability, and a predictable change in
capacitance with respect to time and voltage. The HV FT-CAPs are available in DC voltage ratings of 500V,
630V, 1KV, 1.5KV, 2KV, 2.5KV, and 3KV and capacitance offerings from 100pF to 0.1µF. The KEMET HV FT-CAP's exceptional performance at high frequencies and high voltage has made them a preferred choice for use in power supplies in industries such as telecommunications, medical, military, aerospace, semiconductors, and test/diagnostic equipment.
- -55°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- Superior flex performance (up to 5mm)
- Pb-Free and RoHS compliant
- EIA 0805, 1206, 1210, 1808, 1812, and 1825 case sizes
- DC voltage ratings of 500V, 630V, 1000V, 2000V, and 3000V
- Capacitance offerings ranging from 100pF to 0.1µF
- Available capacitance tolerances of ±5%, ±10% or ±20%.
- Low ESR and ESL
- Non-polar device, minimizing installation concerns
- 100% pure matte tin-plated end metallization allowing for
Typical applications for the KEMET HV FT-CAPs
- Switch mode power supplies (input filters, resonators, tank
circuits, snubber circuits, output filters)
- High voltage coupling and
- Lighting ballasts
- Voltage multiplier circuits
- Coupling capacitors in Ćuk converters.
power supply, LCD fluorescent backlight ballasts, HID lighting, telecom
equipment, industrial and medical equipment/control, LAN/WAN interface,
analog and digital modems, and automotive. X7R dielectrics are not
designed for AC line filtering or pulse applications.