- ARM Cortex-M4 Core delivering 1.25DMIPS / MHz with DSP instructions (floating-point unit available on certain Kinetis families)
- Up to 32-channel DMA for peripheral and memory servicing with minimal CPU intervention
- Broad range of performance levels rated at maximum CPU frequencies of 50 MHz, 72 MHz, and 100 MHz
- 10 low power operating modes for optimizing peripheral activity and wake-up times for extended battery life.
- Scalable memory footprints from 32 KB Flash / 8 KB RAM to 1 MB Flash / 128 KB RAM.
- Optional 16 KB cache memory for optimizing bus bandwidth and flash execution performance
- FlexMemory with up to 512 KB FlexNVM and up to 16 KB FlexRAM.
- EEPROM endurance capable of exceeding 10 million cycles
- Fast, high precision 16-bit ADCs, 12-bit DACs, programmable gain amplifiers, high speed comparators and an internal voltage reference.
|Human Machine Interface (HMI)|
Connectivity and Communication
- Capacitive Touch Sensing Interface with full low-power support and minimal current adder when enabled
- UARTs with ISO7816 and IrDA support, I²S, CAN, I²C and DSPI
- Hardware cyclic redundancy check engine for validating memory contents / communication data
- Independent-clocked COP for protection against code runaway in fail-safe apps
- External watchdog monitor
|Time and Control|
- Powerful FlexTimers supporting general purpose, PWM, and motor control
- Carrier Modulator Transmitter for IR waveform generation
- Programmable Interrupt Timer for RTOS task scheduler time base or trigger source for ADC conversion, programmable delay
- Multi-function external bus interface
- Wide operating voltage range from 1.71 V to 3.6 V with flash programmable down to 1.71 V