Nano Socket iWiFi
iChip CO2144 Modules
Connect One Nano Socket iWiFi iChip™ CO2144 Modules are a secure embedded Wireless LAN bridge with an integrated onboard antenna that easily connects embedded devices to 802.11b/g Wireless LANs. It includes the Connect One iChip CO2144 IP Communication Controller chip and Marvell 88W8686 WiFi chipset. It is packaged in 45x25mm RoHS-compliant form factor with a 2x15 pin header connector.
Connect One Nano Socket iWiFi iChip CO2144 Modules makes adding WiFi connectivity to embedded devices a breeze. It does not require any kind of WiFi driver development on the host CPU, and its multiple interface (UART, SPI, RMII and USB) minimize the need to redesign the host device hardware.
(View Product List) (View Associated Products)
- LAN to WiFi Bridge - allowing transparent bridging of LAN over WiFi, using direct RMII connection to existing MAC hardware. This allows any microcontroller with a built-in Ethernet MAC to be connected to WiFi, with zero development effort.
- Serial to WiFi Bridge - allowing transparent bridging of Serial over WiFi, using the module’s 3Mbps fast UART
- PPP emulation – allowing existing (e.g. cellular modem) designs currently using PPP to interface to the cellular modem to connect transparently over WiFi with no changes to application or drivers
- Full Internet Controller mode – allowing simple MCU to use the Nano Socket iWiFi's rich protocol and application capabilities to perform complex Internet operations such as E-mail, FTP, SSL, embedded web server and others. Internet controller mode can be used with any hardware interface.
- Size: 45.21 x 24.88 x 7.3 mm
- Core CPU: Connect One iChip CO2144 32-bit RISC ARM7TDMI, low-leakage, 0.13 micron, at 48MHz
- 16Mbit flash memory
- Operating Voltage: +3.3V+/-10%
- Operating Humidity: 90% maximum (non-condensing)
- Operating Temperature Range: -20° to 75°C (-4° to 167°F)
- Power Consumption:
- Transmit –250mA @ 16dbm, 235mA @ 12dbm (typical)
- Receive – 190mA (typical)
- Power Save mode – 8mA
- Antenna: Onboard 2dbi chip antenna
- Connector: 2x15 pin header
- Host Interface: High Speed Serial, SPI, RMII and USB device
- RoHS-compliant; lead-free