The BeagleBoard-xM delivers extra ARM® Cortex™-A8 MHz and extra memory with 512MB of low-power DDR RAM, enabling engineers, innovators, and hobbyists to take their imagination to another level. The BeagleBoard-xM features an open hardware design that improves upon the laptop-like performance and expandability of the original BeagleBoard while keeping at hand-held power levels. Direct connectivity is supported by the on-board four-port hub with 10/100 Ethernet while maintaining a tiny 3.25" x 3.25" footprint. The BeagleBoard-xM is intended as a community-supported platform that can be used as the basis for building more complete development systems and as a target for community software baselines.
BeagleBoard-xM Video from YouTube
Unable to view this video? Click to send a link to another source.
- Super-scalar ARM Cortex™-A8
- 512-MB LPDDR RAM
- High-speed USB 2.0 OTG port optionally powers the board
- On-board four-port high-speed USB 2.0 hub with 10/100 Ethernet
- DVI-D (digital computer monitors and HDTVs)
- S-video (TV out)
- Stereo audio out/in
- High-capacity microSD slot and 4-GB microSD card
- Camera port
- Validation and demonstration image from the Angstrom Distribution
* The validation and demonstration image is included for validation and demonstration purposes only. Learn about additional projects and available software at BeagleBoard.org/project.
BeagleBoard-xM possible Applications
- 3-D gaming
- 3-D UI
- Linux kernel and driver development
- Boot loaders and firmware
- UI framework
- ARM® NEON codecs
- Codec plug-ins for GStreamers
- OpenGL® applications
- OpenMAX™ IL applications
- Ubuntu™, Android™, MeeGo™, WinCE™, QNX™, Angstrom, Symbian™, Debian, Gentoo and others
- Home media centers
- In-vehicle entertainment
- Web kiosks
- And many more...!