Texas Instruments CC2540 2.4 GHz Bluetooth® SoC
The Texas Instruments CC2540F128 and CC2540F256 Bluetooth® System-on-Chip devices are cost-effective, low-power true SoC solutions for Bluetooth low energy applications. The TI CC2540F128 and CC2540F256 SoCs feature 128 or 256KB flash memory and combine an excellent RF transceiver with an industry-standard enhanced 8051 MCU, in-system programmable flash memory, 8KB RAM, and many other powerful supporting features and peripherals. These TI CC2540 SoC devices enable robust BLE master or slave nodes to be built with very low total bill-of-materials costs. The TI CC2540F128 and CC2540F256 are suitable for systems in which very low power consumption is required.
- True Single-Chip BLE Solution: CC2540 Can Run Both Application and BLE Protocol Stack, Includes Peripherals to Interface With Wide Range of Sensors, Etc.
- 6-mm × 6-mm Package QFN40 Package
- RF: Bluetooth low energy technology Compatible, Excellent Link Budget (up to 97 dB) enabling Long-Range Applications Without External Front End
- Low Power: Active Mode RX Down to 19.6 mA, Active Mode TX (-6 dBm): 24 mA, Wide Supply Voltage Range (2 V-3.6 V), Full RAM and Register Retention in All Power Modes
- Microcontroller: High-Performance and Low-Power 8051 MCU Core, 8-KB SRAM
- Peripherals: 12-Bit ADC with Eight Channels and Configurable Resolution, Integrated High-Performance Op-Amp and Ultralow-Power Comparator, General-Purpose Timers (One 16-Bit, Two 8-Bit), 21 General-Purpose I/O Pins (19 × 4 mA, 2 x 20 mA)
- 2.4-GHz Bluetooth low energy Systems
- Mobile Phone Accessories
- Sports and Leisure Equipment
- Consumer Electronics
- Human Interface Devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Remote Control)
- USB Dongles
- Health Care and Medical
Texas Instruments CC2540DK-MINI Development Kit
The Texas Instruments CC2540DK-MINI development kit provides a working reference design for software development of single-mode Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) applications based on the TI CC2540. The included keyfob board operates as a BLE peripheral device and contains modifiable software that can be tailored toward different applications. Using BTool (Windows PC application) along with the included CC2540 USB Dongle, the TI CC2540 BLE stack can be tested and verified while developing custom applications. The TI CC2540DK-MINI development kit contains a CC debugger with mini USB cable, converter board, and 10-pin connector cables.