Silicon Labs Si5328 Synchronous Ethernet Clock
Silicon Labs Si5328 is the industry's lowest jitter, most frequency flexible Synchronous Ethernet Clock (SyncE), making it ideal for Ethernet PHYs from GbE to 100GbE. Silicon Labs Si5328 meets all of the jitter, wander, and holdover requirements specified by ITU-T G.8262/Y.1362. This SyncE device supports G.813 EEC Option 1 and EEC Option 2, supporting loop bandwidth options as low as 0.1Hz. Si5328 supports simple configuration via I2C/SPI, easing reconfigurability. Si5328 is ideal for providing clock multiplication and jitter attenuation in high-performance, Synchronous Ethernet timing applications.
- Fully-compliant with ITU-T G.8262, EEC options 1 and 2.
- Generates any frequency from 8kHz to 808MHz.
- Ultra-low jitter clock outputs with jitter generation as low as 0.3ps rms (12kHz-20MHz)
- Integrated loop filter with selectable loop bandwidth (0.1Hz; 1 to 10Hz)
- Dual clock inputs with manual or automatically controlled hitless switching
- Dual clock outputs with selectable signal format (LVPECL, LVDS, CML, CMOS)
- LOL, LOS, FOS alarm outputs
- I2C or SPI programmable
- On-chip voltage regulator for 2.5 ±10% or 3.3 V ±10% operation
- Small size: 6 x 6 mm 36-lead QFN
- Pb-free, ROHS compliant
- G.8262 Synchronous Ethernet, EEC options 1 and 2
- GbE/10GbE/100GbE Synchronous Ethernet
- Carrier Ethernet switches, routers