- Silicon Labs C8051F9xx devices are fully integrated mixed-signal System-on-a-Chip MCUs.
- Single/Dual Battery operation with on-chip dc-dc boost converter.
- High-speed pipelined 8051-compatible microcontroller core (up to 25 MIPS)
- In-system, full-speed, non-intrusive debug interface (on-chip)
- True 10-bit 300 ksps 23-channel single-ended ADC with analog multiplexer
- 6-Bit Programmable Current Reference
- Precision programmable 24.5 MHz internal oscillator with spread spectrum technology.
- 64 kB or 32 kB of on-chip Flash memory
- 4352 bytes of on-chip RAM
- SMBus/I2C, Enhanced UART, and two Enhanced SPI serial interfaces implemented in hardware
- Four general-purpose 16-bit timers
- Programmable Counter/Timer Array (PCA) with six capture/compare modules and Watchdog Timer function
- On-chip Power-On Reset, VDD Monitor, and Temperature Sensor
- Two On-chip Voltage Comparators with 23 Touch Sense inputs.
- 24 or 16 Port I/O (5 V tolerant)
- Portable personal medical products
- Remote controls
- Portable audio
- Consumer electronics
- Wireless sensors and security
- Wireless meter reading
- Industrial monitoring and control
With on-chip Power-On Reset, VDD monitor, Watchdog Timer, and clock oscillator, the C8051F93x-C8051F92x devices are truly stand-alone System-on-a-Chip solutions. The Flash memory can be reprogrammed even in-circuit, providing non-volatile data storage, and also allowing field upgrades of the 8051 firmware. User software has complete control of all peripherals, and may individually shut down any or all peripherals for power savings.
The on-chip Silicon Labs 2-Wire (C2) Development Interface allows non-intrusive (uses no on-chip resources), full speed, in-circuit debugging using the production MCU installed in the final application. This debug logic supports inspection and modification of memory and registers, setting breakpoints, single stepping, run and halt commands. All analog and digital peripherals are fully functional while debugging using C2. The two C2 interface pins can be shared with user functions, allowing in-system debugging without
occupying package pins.
Each device is specified for 0.9 to 1.8 V or 1.8 to 3.6 V operation over the industrial temperature range
(–40 to +85 °C). The Port I/O and RST pins are tolerant of input signals up to 5 V. The C8051F930/20 are available in 32-pin QFN or LQFP packages and the C8051F931/21 are available in a 24-pin QFN package. Both package options are lead-free and RoHS compliant.