NXP PCF8591 8-Bit A/D and D/A Converter
NXP Semiconductors PCF8591 8-Bit A/D and D/A Converter is a single-chip, single-supply low power 8-bit CMOS data acquisition device with four analog inputs, one analog output and a serial I2C-bus interface. Three address pins A0, A1 and A2 are used for programming the hardware address, allowing the use of up to eight devices connected to the I2C-bus without additional hardware. Address, control and data to and from the device are transferred serially via the two-line bidirectional I2C-bus.
- Single power supply
- Operating supply voltage 2.5 V to 6 V
- Low standby current
- Serial input/output via I2C-bus
- Address by 3 hardware address pins
- Sampling rate given by I2C-bus speed
- 4 analog inputs programmable as single-ended or differential inputs
- Auto-incremented channel selection
- Analog voltage range from VSS to VDD
On-chip track and hold circuit
- 8-bit successive approximation A/D conversion
- Multiplying DAC with one analog output.