NXP Semiconductors EM773 Energy Metering ICs
NXP Semiconductors EM773 ARM Cortex™-M0, 32-bit energy metering ICs are designed for 8- and 16-bit smart-metering applications. NXP EM773 energy metering ICs operate at CPU frequencies of up to 48 MHz and offer programmability and on-chip metrology functionality combined with a low-power, simple instruction set and memory addressing with reduced code size compared with existing 8- and 16-bit architectures. NXP Semiconductors EM773 energy metering ICs includes up to 32 kB of flash memory, up to 8 kB of data memory, up to 25 general purpose I/O pins, and a metrology engine for energy measurement. 21st Annual EDN Innovation Award Finalist! Read more...
- ARM Cortex-M0 processor, running at frequencies of up to 48 MHz.
- ARM Cortex-M0 built-in Nested Vectored Interrupt Controller (NVIC).
- 32 kB on-chip flash programming memory.
- 8 kB SRAM.
- Digital peripherals:
- Up to 25 General Purpose I/O (GPIO) pins with configurable pull-up/pull-down resistors.
- GPIO pins can be used as edge and level sensitive interrupt sources.
- Analog peripherals:
- Metrology Engine for Smart Metering with two current inputs and a voltage input.
- Serial interfaces:
- UART with fractional baud rate
- One SPI controller with SSP features and with FIFO and multi-protocol capabilities.
- I²C-bus interface supporting full I²C-bus specification and Fast-mode Plus with a data rate of 1 Mbit/s with multiple address recognition and monitor mode.
- Power control:
- Integrated PMU (Power Management Unit) to minimize power consumption during Sleep, Deep-sleep, and Deep power-down modes.
- Three reduced power modes: Sleep, Deep-sleep, and Deep power-down.
- Single 3.3 V power supply (1.8 V to 3.6 V).
- Smart Metering Applications