Luminus Devices SBM-160 RGBW Color Mix
Big Chip LEDs™ & Evaluation Module
Luminus Devices SBM-160 RGBW Color Mix Big Chip LEDs™ can generate 1,000+ color balanced white lumens, and each consist of an array of individually addressable red, green, blue, and white emitters in a surface mount package. Each 4mm² chip emits directly to air, which enables the use of proximity optics for color mixing and the elimination of color fringing. These SBM-160 LEDs feature Luminus' photonic lattice technology, very low thermal resistance, and median lifetimes that typically exceed 60,000 hours. Also available is the SBR-160, an evaluation module consisting of an SBM-160 RGBW surface mount LED mounted on a development board.
Luminus' photonic lattice technology enables large area LED chips with uniform brightness over the entire LED chip surface. The optical power and brightness produced by these large monolithic chips enable solutions which replace arc and halogen lamps where arrays of traditional high power LEDs cannot. For red, green, and blue LEDs, the photonic lattice structures extract more light and create radiation patterns that are more collimated than traditional LEDs. Having higher collimation from the source increases optical collection efficiencies and simplifies optical designs.
With a thermal resistance from junction to heat sink of 1.48ºC/W per chip, Luminus SBM-160 LEDs have the lowest thermal resistance of any LED on the market. This allows the LED to be driven at higher current densities while maintaining a low junction temperature, thereby resulting in brighter solutions and longer lifetimes. With very low failure rates and median lifetimes that typically exceed 60,000 hours, Luminus Big Chip LEDs are ready for even the most demanding applications.
Also available! View the entire Luminus Devices Big Chip LEDs™ Family
SBR-160 Evaluation Module
Features & Benefits
- Extremely high optical output:
- High thermal conductivity package - junction to heat sink thermal resistance as low as 1.46ºC/W per die
- Photonic lattice technology for very high surface brightness and uniform emission
- Four Big Chips with emitting area of 4mm² each
- High luminous efficacy
- Lumen maintenance of greater than 70% after 60,000 hours
- Environmentally friendly: RoHS compliant
- Variable drive currents: 1A - 4A to full reliability
- Available in RGBW combination
- Entertainment and architectural spot/wash lighting
- Fiber-coupled illumination
- Medical lighting
- Spot lighting
- Emergency vehicle lighting
- Machine vision
- Displays and signage