NXP MCIMX53SMD SABRE Platform Based on i.MX53
NXP MCIMX53SMD SABRE Platform for tablets showcases the well-integrated, high-performance i.MX53. The i.Mx53 series of multimedia applications processors is based on ARM Cortex™-A8 with speeds up to 1GHz. NXP MCIMX535SMD SABRE Platform is designed with a tablet look and feel and targets any mobile device requiring low power and a high-quality user experience. The SABRE Platform allows users to evaluate the full multimedia performance capabilities of the i.MX53 family, including 1080p video decode, full duplex video in HD (720p), fast web browsing, realistic gaming applications, and a richer and more responsive user experience.
NXP MCIMX53SMD lets the user explore the multiple wireless connectivity options enabled by the i.MX53 processor, including Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, 2.4 GHz IEEE® 802.15.4/ZigBee®, GPS, and 3G modem (optional). It also allows developing and showcasing custom user interface and applications on the sleek and responsive capacitive multi-touch display to provide a more compelling, realistic demonstration to your project stakeholders.
- NXP i.MX53 1 GHz ARM® Cortex™-A8 processor
- 1GB DDR3 SDRAM up to 400MHz (800MHz DDR) memory
- 8GB eMMC flash
- 10.1" 1024 x 768 LVDS display with integrated P-cap sensing
- HDMI connector
- LVDS connector (for optional second display)
- User Interface
- 10.1" capacitive multi-touch display
- Capacitive buttons: home, menu, back, search
- Other buttons: power, reset, volume up/down
- Power Management
- Dialog DA9053
- 11.1V 3-cell Li+, 40.2-WHr battery and charger
- 15V, 3A power supply
- Omnivision OV5642 5 MP sensor
- Wireless Connectivity
- USI ARS63 module using Atheros AR6003 Wi-Fi® + AR3001 BT
- LOCOSYS AH16 GPS module using Atheros AR1520A GPS receiver
- NXP MC1323X 2.4 GHz IEEE® 802.15.4/ZigBee®
- NXP SGTL5000 audio codec
- SPDIF via HDMI
- 2 x 1W at 8 Ω speakers
- Headphone/microphone jack
- NXP MMA8451Q 3-axis accelerometer
- NXP MAG3110 magnetic sensor
- Designed to look and feel like a real consumer tablet
- Explores the multiple wireless connectivity options enabled by the i.MX53 processor, including Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, 2.4 GHz IEEE® 802.15.4/ZigBee®, and GPS.
- Develops and showcases custom user interface (UI) and applications on the sleek and responsive capacitive multi-touch display.
- Evaluates a real design example of how the smartly integrated i.MX53 processor offers more on chip, including an LVDS controller, USB PHYs, SATA and Ethernet.
- Demonstrates how the i.MX53 processor conserves battery life and can enable hours of 1080p video playback.
- Uses proven design examples and software drivers to reduce hassles associated with design-in of key connectivity options.
- i.MX53 processor-based tablet with enclosure and battery
- 15-volt power supply
- Mini HDMI cable
- Quick start guide
- DVD with VMware player, getting started video, demos and other documents