Freescale MC34903/4/5 System Basis Chip
Freescale's MC34903/4/5 System Basis Chip is the second generation family of the System Basis Chip (SBC). It combines several features and enhances present module designs. The device works as an advanced power management unit for the MCU with additional integrated circuits such as sensors and CAN transceivers. It has a built-in enhanced high-speed CAN interface (ISO11898-2 and -5) with local and bus failure diagnostics, protection, and fail-safe operation modes. The SBC may include zero or one LIN 2.1 interface with LIN output pin switches. It includes up to four wake-up input pins that can also be configured as output drivers for flexibility. This device implements multiple low-power (LP) modes, with very low-current consumption.
- Voltage regulator for MCU, 5.0 or 3.3 V, part number selectable, with possibility of usage external PNP to extend current capability and share power dissipation
- Voltage, current, and temperature protection
- Extremely low quiescent current in LP modes
- Fully-protected embedded 5.0 V regulator for the CAN driver
- Multiple undervoltage detections to address various MCU specifications and system operation modes (i.e. cranking)
- Auxiliary 5.0 or 3.3 V SPI configurable regulator, for additional ICs, with overcurrent detection and undervoltage protection
- MUX output pin for device internal analog signal monitoring and power supply monitoring
- Advanced SPI, MCU, ECU power supply, and critical pins diagnostics and monitoring.
- Multiple wake-up sources in LP modes: CAN or LIN bus, I/O transition, automatic timer, SPI message, and VDD overcurrent detection
- ISO11898-5 high-speed CAN interface compatibility for baud rates of 40 kb/s to 1.0 Mb/s
- Scalable product family of devices ranging from 0 to 1 LIN, compatible to J2602-2 and LIN 2.1
- Industrial process control
- Motor control