Freedom Development Platform
Freescale FRDM-KL25Z Freedom development platform is a small, low-power, cost-efficient evaluation and development system for quick application prototyping and demonstration based on the Kinetis L Series, the industry's first microcontrollers built on the ARM® Cortex™-M0+ processor. The Freescale Freedom development platform combines an industry-standard form factor with a rich set of third-party expansion board options. This development platform speeds development of a variety of applications, such as small appliances, gaming accessories, portable medical systems, audio systems, smart meters, lighting, and power control. The Freescale Freedom development platform allows designers to leverage 32-bit capabilities and the scalability needed to expand future product lines, all at 8- and 16-bit price and power consumption levels. Freescale Freedom development platform is form-factor compatible with popular third-party hardware designed to work with Arduino™ and Arduino-compatible boards, providing engineers the "freedom" to connect to a broader range of expansion boards to achieve even greater technological breakthroughs.
- KL25Z128VLK4—Cortex-M0+ MCU with:
- USB full-speed controller
- OpenSDA—sophisticated USB debug interface
- Tri-color LED
- Capacitive touch "slider"
- Freescale MMA8451QR1 accelerometer
- Flexible power supply options
- Power from either on-board USB connector
- Coin cell battery holder (optional population option)
- 5-12V Vin from IO header
- 5V provided to IO header
- 3.3V to or from IO header
- Reset button
- Expansion IO compatible with the Arduino Uno form factor