Analog Devices AD7176-2 Sigma-Delta ADC
Analog Devices AD7176-2 24-Bit, 250kSPS Sigma-Delta analog-to-digital converter (ADC) doubles the throughput rate of alternative sigma-delta converters while dissipating less power. Designed for process automation and instrumentation systems where data channel density is increasing and channels must be monitored faster, ADI AD7176-2 achieves a 50kSPS multi-channel scan rate. In an automated, high-precision production line, the performance of AD7176-2 allows for faster manufacturing while achieving the precision, low-input bandwidth signal measurements that are inherently associated with the sigma-delta architecture. Measured on a single channel, AD7176-2 delivers as many as 17.2 noise-free bits at 250kSPS and 22 noise-free bits at 5SPS.
EVAL-AD7176-2SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7176-2 that operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z.
- Simultaneous 50Hz and 60Hz rejection at 27SPS ODR
- Internal oscillator adds functionality and reduces external component count
- Optional split supply operation of ±2.5V with AVDD1 referenced to AVSS
- System offset and gain errors can be corrected on a per channel basis
- Low noise performance across the ODR range
- Fully compatible with SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE®, and DSP
- Sinc5 + Sinc1, Sinc3, and enhanced 50 Hz and 60 Hz rejection digital filter options
- SPI configuration control
- 3- or 4-wire serial digital interface (Schmitt trigger on SCLK)
- Process control: PLC/DCS modules
- Temperature and pressure measurement
- Medical and scientific multichannel instrumentation