Amphenol Aerospace LMD & LMS Modular Connectors provide flexible
solutions for wire harness interconnections used in instrumentation and
avionic control environments. LMD & LMS Connector Systems include
housings, modules, and contacts. Modules with various contact sizes and
arrangements can be mixed within a housing, giving the designer
flexibility in wiring harness termination.
Using LMD & LMS Modular
Connectors, designers can reduce assembly & production costs,
eliminate the need for dedicated PC board & associated hardware,
reduce inventory levels, use a variety of circuit configurations, and
easily updgrade & maintain circuits.
- The modular design and wide array of options result in fewer components required to meet interconnection needs
- Housings and module bodies are molded from a lightweight, thermoplastic material
- Modular design allows for ease of circuit upgrading and/or maintenance
- Module options allow for a mix of passive and active devices within a single connector. Module options include:
- Bussing modules allow for a plurality of circuit network configurations without extra hardware
- Diode modules provide reverse voltage protection for avionic systems, sensors, and entertainment systems
- Relay modules add switching capability without the need for printed circuit boards and additional hardware
- Temperature Rating: –55° C to +140° C (-67 ° F to + 284° F)
- Insulation Resistance (min.): 5000 megohms initial: 1000 megohms after 96 hours humidity
- Durability: 250 cycles (mating and unmating)
- Vibration: Maximum discontinuity of one microsecond when subjected to sinusoidal vibration of 10 to 2000 Hz at 15 gravity units
- Physical Shock: Maximum discontinuity of one microsecond when subjected to 1/2 -sine-wave transient shock of 50 gravity units with pulse duration of 11 milliseconds
- Module Insertion & Removal Force: 5 lbs. maximum
- Module Retention: 70 lbs. minimum
- Mil/Aero & Commercial Air Avionics (airframe wiring)
- Test equipment harnessing
and auxiliary systems
- Aircraft lavatories
- Industrial automation
Amphenol Aerospace LMD Connectors include
housings, modules, and contacts. Housings are constructed using either a
lightweight, high performance composite material for EMI shielding or
lightweight, white thermoplastic nylon material with increased solvent
resistance. The LMD Series features four standard modules with 1 #8, 4
#16, 9 #20, 16 #22 contact arrangements. The linear module design can be
used in rack and panel or cable to cable applications.
- An LMD Connector is comprised of a housing, modules and contacts
- Lightweight housings are offered in two materials standard black thermoplastic
- High performance composite material for EMI shielding
- White thermoplastic nylon material with increased solvent resistance
- Four standard modules are available with the following contact arrangements: 1 #8, 4 #16, 9 #20, 16 #22
- Modules are available in sealed and unsealed versions
- Linear module design may be used for rack and panel or cable to cable applications
Supplementing the LMD Series, Amphenol Aerospace offers the LMS in-line splice connector; a low cost interconnect that incorporates the LMD modules and contacts.
Amphenol Aerospace LMS Connectors include housings, modules, and contacts.
Housings and modules are constructed using a lightweight, U/L 94 V-0
rated flame retardant thermoplastic material. LMS Connectors are
available in four standard insert arrangements that accept 8, 16, 20, or
22 gauge release. Modules with different contact sizes and arrangements
can be combined within a housing. The modules also allow users to mix
passive and active devices within a single connector. With these
capabilities, LMS' modular design enables users to meet interconnection
needs using fewer components and permits easy circuit upgrading and
maintenance. LMS connectors can be used in rack and panel or cable to
cable applications, and can be front or rear panel mounted.
- Housings and module bodies are molded from a lightweight, U/L 94 V-0 rated flame retardant thermoplastic material
- Four standard insert arrangements available that accept 8, 16, 20, 22 gauge rear release contacts
LMS Tool-less Splice Connector
The LMS Tool-less Splice Connector incorporates LMS modules and contacts. It offers push-button release of modules.
LMS In-Splice Connector
The LMS In-Splice Connector incorporates LMD modules and contacts.