3M Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) Connector family provides smaller, faster and more reliable solutions for storage interface than parallel ATA connectors. 3M SATA Connectors are particularly useful for high-speed interfaces for optical, solid state and hard disk drive (HDD) applications aimed at reducing size, increasing transmission speed, improving data reliability and ease of use.
SATA components are designed on a 1.27 mm (.050”) in-line contact pitch. All 3M SATA Connectors interface with standard 2.5" and 3.5" HDD and are RoHS-compliant.
SATA Connectors are recognized in two interface segments: signal and power. The first segment is the single link signal portion. SATA signals have been condensed into a simple 7-contact format. SATA signal connectors feature two differential pairs (four contacts) which are surrounded and separated by three ground contacts (G-SS-G-SS-G). The two pairs serve as the transmit (Tx) and receive (Rx) contacts while the three grounds also function as the EMLB contacts making SATA hot pluggable.
The power segment is the second SATA interface and is comprised of 15 contacts and is capable of accommodating three different voltage ranges (3.3v, 5v & 12v). Each voltage is allocated three contacts for standard power: positive (+), negative (-) and ground (G). This leaves six additional contacts in the power interface for hot plugging, two contacts per voltage range.
3M SATA Features
- 1.27 mm in-line contacts
- EMLB Contacts for Hot Plugging
- Extended Height Combo Receptacle for Backplane
- L-Shaped Polarization
- Low Voltage Requirement (500 mV peak-to-peak)
- Point-to-Point Signaling
- Accommodates 3.3v, 5v and 12v Requirements
- 1 Meter Signal Cables
- Blind Mate Guide Rails
- 2.5” and 3.5” HDD Interface
- Rugged Over Mold Assembly Construction
- Right Angle Combo Host for Flushmount and PCI Mezzanine Card Applications
- RoHS Compliant
- Current Rating:
- Insulation Resistance: 103 MΩ min.
- Withstanding Voltage: 500 VAC at sea level
- Data Centers
- High-Speed I/O Storage
- High-Bandwidth Switches, Routers, and Servers